Research Area 1: Improved understanding of epidemic and emerging infectious animal diseases
We offer our expertise in:
1. Detection, identification, typing and subtyping of microorganisms, study diversity of microorganisms, molecular epidemiology.
2. Isolation, culture and identification of bacteria and viruses, PCR, mPCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, qRT-PCR, rt RT-PCR, MLST, RFLP, VNTR, cloning, sequencing, serology testing including in-house ELISA tests, pathohistology, IHC, ISH.
3. We have representative collection of bacterial and viral isolates, including Brucela, Samonella, Leptospira, E.coli, MRSA, CSFV, BTV, BVDV, SIV, WNV, LSDV, PRRSV.
Institute of Veterinary Medicine of Serbia is a governmental research institute in the fields of animal health and food safety. The Institute has a national reference role and functions as a reference laboratory for a number of diseases. The Institute is acknowledged as:
· National Reference Laboratory for Brucellosis, Foot and Mouth Disease, African swine fever, Blue tongue disease, Enzootic bovine leucosis, Equine infectious anaemia, African horse sickness, Equine influenza, Swine vesicular disease, Fish diseases, Salmonellosis, Classical swine fever
Many researchers are involved in several research groups, namely:
· Emerging animal diseases
· Emerging zoonoses
· Classical and African swine fever
· Molecular epidemiology
· Antimicrobial resistance