Research Area 3: High-throughput, rapid, accurate and easy to use in-field detection technologies
We offer our expertise in:
1) microbiological risks assessment and control strategies in animal production (lab-scale and operational environments),
2) testing of novel bioassurance assessment and control solutions e.g. in poultry and dairy cattle farms,
3) validation of results obtained from novel diagnostics technologies,
4) application and evaluation of novel farming solutions, e.g. in animal bedding (including methods for non-invasive sample collection),
5) successful implementation of EU-funded and ERA-NET projects, e.g. M-ERA NET, FACCE SURPLUS (Sustainable and Resilient Agriculture).
Research and Innovation Centre Pro-Akademia is a Polish research organisation. Since our establishment in 1996 we have successfully implemented over 200 research and advisory projects for EU institutions, Polish local and central authorities as well as industry, including several projects under H2020 and ERA-Nets. In 2017 we were ranked as the 2nd most effective Polish research organisation among all 963 Polish research organisations in terms of material effects of research activity in the last evaluation of all Polish research organisations by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
One of our research areas concerns development of novel solutions for minimising microbiological hazards in animal production and other agrifood products. Our Natural Products Laboratory (NPL) is very active in several EU-funded projects, e.g. PROKOKO (http://www.proakademia.eu/en/projects/107.html), which targets minimising microbiological risks in poultry bedding. You can find a brief overview of NPL here: https://tinyurl.com/s8rdzgw